mercredi 10 décembre 2014

Developer Diary #4: Era of Enlightenments

I went to University to study programming: I wanted to make video games for a living. But it wasn't really what I expected: at that time (1999), there wasn't any dedicated video games school. So I learnt industrial programming. Well, I didn't really since I quited 6 months later. I didn't learn my lesson as I went to an Industrial programming school the next year to quit again 4 months later.

I was kinda lost on what to do. Except for music, video games and manga, nothing really interested me. I had a friend who was studying English Litterature and History (?!) so I followed him. I flunked out again. I don't know why but I decided to try again. And then I had THE Professor who gave me the love of reading and understanding.

The next three years were an orgy of Shakespeare and Byron stuff and UK/US Politics. I loved every minutes of it. I used to be a bookworm when I was a child and I've always been interested in Politics but I never expected to study it! I've learnt so much during these years, my vision about life was completely turned upside down. And I had my degree. Then I was offered a job as teaching assistant in England. I needed some fresh air so I left.

The England year was amazing. I nearly became alcoholic, yes, but I met so many people, learnt so many new things that it was worth the risk. A year later, I had to go home. And then came the big question: what am I supposed to do? Well... I brought a Playstation 2. At first, I wanted to play the new King of Fighters games and the Dragon Ball Z games. Then I hacked it. I know, it's bad. But i've discovered so many japanese franchise that I couldn't have offered otherwise! Videogames Orgy era 2: the Return!


Buma

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire